Search center accidentally deleted, how can I get it back? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

In our SharePoint 2007 production farm, the site collection admin on our portal site accidentally deleted the search center site.  I figured recreating it would be simple enough, however, I can only seem to recreate it as a site collection and not as a sub site of a site collection.  The three options available under create new site are Publishing Site with Workflow, Wiki Site, and Blog.

Why isn't the Search Center with tabs template available?

Thanks,

Tim

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:50 PM

All replies

• Do you have standart or Enterprise Licence?
    ceren
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:01 AM
  • Please check if "Office SharePoint Server Standard Site Collection features"  is enabled or not under Root Site > Site Collection Features
    ceren
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Wednesday, February 9, 2011 6:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:51 PM
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Thanks for the replies.  We have the enterprise license.  Office SharePoint Server Standard Site features are active on this site collection.
    Friday, February 4, 2011 4:33 PM
  • Does anyone have any ideas on this?  Not sure why cerenn's post was marked as the answer.  His post did not resolve the issue.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:35 PM
  • >  Not sure why cerenn's post was marked as the answer.  His post did not resolve the issue.

In such a case, you - as the person who started the thread - have the right to remove the "mark as answer".

(I've done it for you this time)

(another) Moderator

P.S. When you do get an answer - please then mark that post yourself as the answer.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:53 PM
  • >  Not sure why cerenn's post was marked as the answer.  His post did not resolve the issue.

In such a case, you - as the person who started the thread - have the right to remove the "mark as answer".

Will do.  Thanks Mike
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, February 21, 2011 9:16 PM Try to avoid using full quote to save screen space
    Monday, February 21, 2011 8:17 PM
  • It looks like the only way to do this is to blow away the site collection and recreate it using the search center template.
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:28 PM