Cannot install IE 8 on windows 7 op system RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to reinatall IE 8, suspect corrupt IE. Cannot use IE 9 as the flashplayer version I need is not supported on the 64 bit version for use with HULU and network TV. I get an error message when I run install theat IE 8 is not supported on this op sys.
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 1:11 AM

All replies

• You cannot install IE8 onto Windows 7 using installation media.  You can enable or disable it through Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows Features on or off.

Be sure to restart the computer after changing this option.

• Proposed as answer by Bigteddy Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:24 AM
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:42 AM
  • Trying to reinatall IE 8, suspect corrupt IE. Cannot use IE 9 as the flashplayer version I need is not supported on the 64 bit version for use with HULU and network TV. I get an error message when I run install theat IE 8 is not supported on this op sys.

You do NOT need to " re-install " IE8 if you had IE* before you in stalled IE(.

Upon uninstalling IE(, and if you did the uninstalling correctly, the system will revert itself back to IE8.

Open your Internet Explorer > menu bar, Help > About Internet Explorer > what does it say ? IE8 or IE9 ?

If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:43 PM