locked
problem sending to certain address or domain RRS feed

  • Question

  • this started when i was trying to send an email with attachment  656kb to a certain address.  the delivery report came back as undeliverable due to size limitations.  took the same message on the same machine  and sent it to my googlemail and my work account it went out with no problem.  I then tried sending to another address in the domain that was giving problems, the same error came back undeliverable due to size limits.  i then created the account on another machine sent the message it went out fine.  i then went back to the machine that was giving problems disabled the autocomplete functions and still get the same error. I have also tried deleting the outlook profile and creating a new profile, still no help. ´I´m completely stumped.  i am running on windows xp completely updated with outlook 2007. if it makes any sense, it seems that the problem is confined to outlook on one machine. I have also sent from the owa on the machine that is giving me problems and the message went out came back as delivered , that probably rules out an exchange problem. I have also tried unistalling outlook and reinstalling.  none of which have helped

    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:43 AM

Answers

  • Thanks for the help. I have finally discovered the problem. I was using a google public dns.  That wasn´t forwarding to the domain I was trying to send to.  I changes to a different dns and all was good.
    • Proposed as answer by Sukh828 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Evan LiuModerator Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:17 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:56 PM

All replies

  • Hi Knowseedz,

     

    Could you paste your NDR in your next post?

     

    When you try to do the test, please make sure you have added the 656kb attachment in the email.

     

    When you try to test on another machine, please make sure you are using the same Exchange account.

     

    Do you check the send limit on your Exchange Server, is it allow you to send email with 656kb attachment?

     

    I suggest you follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem:

     

    On Problem machine:

     

    <1> Open your Google mailbox to check if it receive the email you sent before.

     

    If you cannot see the email in your Google mailbox, try to send the email again, then check whether you will get NDR or not.

     

    On the another machine:

     

    Please use the same email (which included the 656kb attachment) send to internal and external users, then check for the issue.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Evan

    Friday, October 28, 2011 7:20 AM
    Moderator
  • thanks for responding

    sending a test with the attachment  to another address outside of the domain was the first thing I did. I sent a test to my google mail account and my work account.  Both tests delivered with no problem.  I have also configured the account on another machine and sent the same test with no problems. I have tried the owa also no problems.  It seems as if the problem is confined to outllook on one machine, sending to  any address within one specific domain. I have also tried disabling autocomplete with no positive results. 

    Friday, October 28, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Hello,

     

    If this issue occur only on one machine, you can try to troubleshoot on that client.

     

    I suggest you recreate Outlook profile to have a try.

     

    If the issue persists, please paste the NDR in your next post.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Evan

    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:07 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for the help. I have finally discovered the problem. I was using a google public dns.  That wasn´t forwarding to the domain I was trying to send to.  I changes to a different dns and all was good.
    • Proposed as answer by Sukh828 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Evan LiuModerator Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:17 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:56 PM