none
Failed delivery of fax email sent from external source to internal distribution group

Question

• Hi,

My client uses a 3rd party fax service to deliver faxes to emails.  

They have two fax numbers

One fax number forwards email to a full account mailbox and works.

The other number forwards faxes to a distribution group and fails.

I checked the message tracking logs and can see email from the fax address fails due to "Content Filter Agent"

I created a rule to bypass the spam filter for email from the fax service address but when I tested it still failed.

I am unsure what step to take next to troubleshoot this issue.  I would be grateful if someone can assist me?

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 10:22 AM

Answers

• Hi, apparently the rules section of mail flow was not the right place to add the address for bypass.  I set the bypass using this powershell command -

Set-ContentFilterConfig -BypassedSenders @{Add="sender@senderdomain.com"}

Mail now received successfully.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:59 PM

All replies

• Is the distribution group configured to accept mail from unauthenticated senders?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:38 PM
  • Hi Ed,  thank you for responding.  Yes the delivery management option is set to "senders inside and outside my organisation" and the message approval option is disabled.  Do you have any other ideas?
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:36 AM
  • Hi, apparently the rules section of mail flow was not the right place to add the address for bypass.  I set the bypass using this powershell command -

Set-ContentFilterConfig -BypassedSenders @{Add="sender@senderdomain.com"}

Mail now received successfully.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:59 PM