My Windows 7 Professional is ACTING UP RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Toshiba Satellite L745 installed with a 64-Bit Windows 7 Pro. It has 12GB Ram, 1GB Nvidia Video Card, Intel Core i5 2nd gen processor. I noticed just this month that my computer just shuts down more often, it would shut down suddenly if the power source is disconnected however it keeps bugging me whenever my sister uses to play facebook games then the computer just shuts down. My mom also experienced the same on this laptop. Can someone tell me how to know if my OS has been infected already or if my OS is already corrupted? I did disk check, scanned the computer, I already updated my programs but still this thing won't seem to stop.
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 7:08 PM

Answers

• You can download and run Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/ to check for an infection.

However, your description sounds more like the system is overheating and shutting down instead of a problem with Windows.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Saturday, November 9, 2013 8:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, November 25, 2013 12:50 PM
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 7:53 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that the CPU of your computer is overheating.

If the fans inside the case stop working or the heat sink on the CPU fills with dust, the CPU will overheat and this might cause the system to shut off.

I used encounter the problem, it made me crazy, but when I cleaned the dust , the problem never happened.

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

Monday, November 11, 2013 11:12 AM

All replies

• You can download and run Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/ to check for an infection.

However, your description sounds more like the system is overheating and shutting down instead of a problem with Windows.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Saturday, November 9, 2013 8:03 PM
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 7:53 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that the CPU of your computer is overheating.

If the fans inside the case stop working or the heat sink on the CPU fills with dust, the CPU will overheat and this might cause the system to shut off.

I used encounter the problem, it made me crazy, but when I cleaned the dust , the problem never happened.

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

Monday, November 11, 2013 11:12 AM