The file is possible corrupt. Its header checksum does not match the corrupted checksum. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a computer where the HDD has failed and I have repalced the HDD with a new one. When I try to install Windows Vista Business I get the follwoing error message: The file is possible corrupt. Its header checksum does not match the corrupted checksum.

I have replaced the RAM but that made no difference and I don't get the opportunity to change the language because the error screen appears before you can do anything!

I have checked the BIOS settings and cannot find any problems there.

Any ideas would be most welcome. Thanks.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding to the corrupted boot system files, let's back up all data and insert a Vista Recovery disk to do a repair in place. If you don't own a Windows Vista Recovery disc, you can download the ISO file at the supplied link, and make a Bootable Disk from it. For detail information, please visit the following website:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:58 AM