none
Buttons do not work in a web application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Again i have an issue which i would like to post over here.

When i publish a website (SAP Portal) the user is able to logon to the SAP Portal with SSO. The SAP Portal has a list of buttons for other pages and all those buttons dont work. You can click on them, but nothing happens.

UAG does not record any logging about this, and HTTPWatch doesnt show any HTTP logs.

When i look in the source of the SAP Portal webpage i see the buttons have URL's like these:

("navurl://631c127e4710528c99e4aeb57b928ec8", "Buttonname", 0, "DefaultExternal", 0, 0, "","" ,new NavNode

Could it be that UAG cannot handle such URL? That it cannot include the UniqueSignature in the URL?

Thanks for the reaction.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:34 PM

All replies

• Possibly.  Though if on client side you don't see anything in httpwatch, then it seems the problem is more than just an unsigned URL request is being sent, its that no URL request is being sent.

I'd try publishing and making sure to open in new window instead of UAG Portal frame.

If that doesn't help, the easiest this to do is publish with the gerneric web app (application specific hostname) template instead of the generic web app (portal hostname) template.   Then unique signatures are out of the equation, and probably will work or easier to find a soltuion, as otherwise will requre some reverse engineering and some custom SRA or AppWrap.

Thanks, Mark

Friday, January 27, 2012 7:39 PM