none
DPM 2010 Storage Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We currently use the DPM 2010 backup solution in our environment. I would like to be able to report on the size of the backups to see how large the backups are for each replica as well as to see how they're growing. Currently, I can see that the backup to tape is 720GB in total, but I've no idea the size of each replica and how they've grown over time. Is there a way to report on this?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

Not sure if this will fit your needs.

You can run Disk Utilization reports.

When you go through the pages of that report you can see how large is your replica (per data source) and how much space of that replica is being in use.

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 6:09 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I had tried the Disk Utilisation Report, however I don't see any meaningful data.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:06 PM
  • Hi Joe,

You are on the first page of the report (kinda a summary).

If you look on the top left, you can see a left/right arrow that allows you to move between pages in the report...

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:21 PM
  • Hi,

My 2nd page actually displays no data. I'm assuming this is due to a problem with the installation. I will have to look into why the Report data is incomplete. Although this would be useful information to have, I'm not sure this is exactly what I'm looking for. The reason I say this is because of I total up the data size on the replica's on disk, this is still less than the size of the data on tape.

I've found the information I'm looking for in the Monitoring tab, by looking at the Tape Backup Jobs (Screenshot below). This view displays the amount of data transfered to tape for each replica. It would be useful if this information was stored in the SQL database, which I could then write a custom report for, to see where the data is growing. Obviously this would still only be a high level view of the data sizes.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:31 PM