AD HOC connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was able to create a Ad Hoc connection on a XP Professional (sp3) computer. Is there a way to see WHO is connected on the Ad Hoc network? How many can connect to a Ad Hoc network?

Thanks

Friday, December 30, 2011 11:09 PM

All replies

• Setting Up Ad Hoc Wireless Network in Windows XP http://www.home-network-help.com/ad-hoc-wireless-network.html

Please note you can have up to 9 wireless clients in an ad-hoc wireless network, which the computers send their data directly to each other. The only drawback of this approach is its limited wireless range support. You would need to have wireless router or access point for better wireless coverage.

My blogs: Henk's blog and Virtuall | Twitter: @HenkHoogendoorn | Profile: LinkedIn
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:17 AM
  • Hello,

I was able to create a Ad Hoc connection on a XP Professional (sp3) computer. Is there a way to see WHO is connected on the Ad Hoc network? How many can connect to a Ad Hoc network?

Thanks

in dont think there's a limit to the number of nodes in an ad-hoc network.To see the nodes/devices connected to d ad-hoc;go to my network places>view entire network,....if that doesn't help, you might need to install network monitor.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:38 PM