PDF compare RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a PDF compare tool which can take two PDF files and produce a third with all of the TEXT from the second file (it is the new version of the file), yet showing "Legal BlackLines" where any change to the original document has been made?
    Monday, May 2, 2016 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi JAK,

Based on your description, did you mean you wanted to compare 2 PDF files in Word?

If yes, Word can convert PDF files and compare them directly.

You can go to Review- Compare.

But if you want to know if this option can be added to PDF, you may need to ask this question to PDF official forum.

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 11:43 AM

All replies

• Hi JAK,

Based on your description, did you mean you wanted to compare 2 PDF files in Word?

If yes, Word can convert PDF files and compare them directly.

You can go to Review- Compare.

But if you want to know if this option can be added to PDF, you may need to ask this question to PDF official forum.

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 11:43 AM
  • PDFcompare is a visual compare Windows app that shows the differences between two PDFs in a third window.
    As well as clearly showing the visual differences, it shows the metadata differences between the two documents, which might be useful sometimes.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/pdfcompare/9n9dmzjbz2nl#

https://store-images.s-microsoft.com/image/apps.34342.13534608665581325.125de672-1cbb-4586-a40b-2e24ef8aea25.b33a5122-a285-431e-a14f-e6a27d768c2d?w=1399&h=789&q=60

Thursday, January 11, 2018 12:13 AM