none
Exchange 2010 Mail forward option

Question

• Greetings,

I manage exchange server 2010 SP2 with 1000 user IDs

I am trying to put 'mail forward' for few users to external IDs

But the option (filed) to enter the external email address is grayed. not able to enter external email address manually.

It is not practical to create email contact in the GAL and choose from address book

It is the same with end-uses also. they are also not able to enter external email address thorough OWA (mail rule)

The Option under EMC, Organization Configuration, Hub Transport Server, Remote Domain, message Format, Allow Automatic forward is enabled. just for the same of testing I have disabled, enabled back and restart the transport Services.. still the same issue.

Is there any registry key where I can check to enable 'email autoforward' function

Kindly suggest and help

Thanks and regards, 

Sunday, March 4, 2018 7:55 AM

All replies

• Create a rule on Hub Transport Server and and select redirect message option --> and add external email ID

Balwan Singh

Sunday, March 4, 2018 2:03 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for contacting our forum. It’s recommended to run the command below and check the results:

Set-Mailbox -Identity "user1" -ForwardingAddress "user2@contoso.com" -DeliverToMailboxAndForward $true

If any error messages, please post out in detail.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

I am currently standing by for further update from you and would like to know how things are going. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. And if the replies has helped you, please help to mark as answer since it could be helpful for others.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:36 AM
  • thanks for the reply

This command works only if the 'user2' is a mailbox user or Mail contact created in the same AD.  not allowing to add an internet mail address.

regards, 

• Edited by tony.mathews Thursday, February 21, 2019 11:57 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 12:01 PM
  • Thanks Mr. Singh

This helps

Thursday, March 8, 2018 12:01 PM
  • Glad to hear that reply helps you and thanks for your sharing!

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Friday, March 9, 2018 2:27 AM