none
Cannot edit some settings in MS Windows Compliance Manager (value must be equal to) RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to customize several of the Windows 7 baselines. I have made my own copies and have been able to change several settings. However, some settings eg. "Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options" states that the value MUST be set to enabled, and do not allow it to be changed. Is this normal behaviour? Surely the whole point of customizing these templates is to customize them? Why would some properties be excluded?

Thanks!

• Edited by ruiper2010 Friday, July 2, 2010 4:28 PM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:10 PM

Answers

• Solved!

I was working on a VM with low screen resolution settings. When the screen resolution is upped to at least 1280x800 one can (with difficulty) begin to see the drop down buttons. Also, using the down and up-arrows would have worked.

• Proposed as answer by jofer52 Saturday, July 3, 2010 2:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jeffrey M - MSFT Tuesday, July 6, 2010 5:03 PM
    Friday, July 2, 2010 5:29 PM

All replies

• Specifically, which setting are you not able to customize? The UI path specified above contains many settings...
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 3:40 PM
  • Jofer

Example I can edit "Configure Automatic Updates" (radio boxes) in Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update. I cannot configure Account Logon\Credential validation in Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Advanced Audit Policies\Audit Policies (should be a drop-down box but is not). In fact as far as I can see all drop-down selections are disabled / unavailable.

R

Friday, July 2, 2010 4:32 PM
  • Solved!

I was working on a VM with low screen resolution settings. When the screen resolution is upped to at least 1280x800 one can (with difficulty) begin to see the drop down buttons. Also, using the down and up-arrows would have worked.

• Proposed as answer by jofer52 Saturday, July 3, 2010 2:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jeffrey M - MSFT Tuesday, July 6, 2010 5:03 PM
    Friday, July 2, 2010 5:29 PM
  • Glad to hear you have worked this out... the "low resolution bug" has confused many. We'll soon be releasing an update to the tool which corrects a few small issues this one being one of them.

We truly appreciate your feedback... keep it coming!! Thanks!

Saturday, July 3, 2010 2:20 PM