I was attempting to re-order my list of applications in MDT 2013 using XML Notepad and the Applications.xml file. Basically I moved the XML parts around to my desired order. I then added a few more Applications.
NOW, upon running the Deployment Wizard, it does not show my updated order OR my new applications that I have added either. It seems that Applications.xml is no longer linked to the Deployment wizard somehow, yet it still shows the older applications and previous order. They install fine.
The XML file appears to be error-free.
I need to be able to add new Applications again. Re-ordering them has now become a side thought.
The display order should be determined by ApplicationGroups.xml not Applications.xml.
Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com
Thanks for your response and I see that now. I did a bit of a workaround for this and moved all applications to a temp folder in Deployment Workbench, then moved them back out in the proper order. That appeared to fix the order problem.
Yet, my original problem still stands - The applications that I have added within the last 24 hours are not showing up in Deployment Wizard. I have even tried deleting them and recreating them but it would appear that any new applications are not being added. I do see them within the Applications.xml AND the ApplicationGroups.xml. I have created them in a normal method as I have done many times before and there is not really anything unique about the apps (the are apps with source files).
How can this be?
Still struggling with this. I reverted back to my old Applications.xml and ApplicationsGroups.xml, then tried to re-add the new applications in Workbench. It reverted my order in the Wizard to what it was previously, but new apps are STILL not showing up in the Applications pane of the Deployment Wizard.
The apps are Enabled and are not "Hidden" in Deployment Workbench. I am not using any type of advanced configuration. SkipApplications=NO. I have rebooted deployment server. I have completely regenerated boot image. This is a pretty basic deployment that I have been doing for awhile.
I hope you have fixed your problem by now but just to let other people know, I had the same problem with the Selection Profiles and I realized it was because I copied the original file to the MDT root folder for backup and the wizard was actually using that one instead of the one I modified in the Control folder so be careful if you have copies of the file in other folders (change the name or extension).