Dependency applications RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a problem with Quest Software TOAD application which has ORACLE as its dependency application.
    I have sequenced both the applications seperately and have created MSI's using "Create MSI" in the sequencer.
    Edited the TOAD application OSD with the CODEBASE of ORACLE in the "Dependencies tag".
    I have installed the sequenced ORACLE and TOAD application but when I check the OSD Cache in the test machine I donot find the updated TOAD OSD which has the dependency tag in it.
    How do I get the updated OSD file to be deployed to the test machine when I install the msi?

Im using Application Virtualization Client 4.5.0.606

Thursday, March 6, 2008 8:14 AM

Answers

• You’ve encountered a known issue in the 4.5 Beta release: the dynamic suite composition dependency information in the OSD is not preserved by the Sequencer.  The workaround is to edit the OSD on the client (or distribute the edited OSD) to the client.  This issue will be resolved in the release candidate.

/Chris

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:42 AM

All replies

• Did you re-save TOAD package (so that Sequencer re-generates MSI) after you changed OSD?

/Kalle

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:48 AM
  • Do you have a recipe for sequencing the TOAD application?  We are new to sequencening and that application is on our list of application that we will need to sequence.

Monday, March 10, 2008 1:15 PM
  • You’ve encountered a known issue in the 4.5 Beta release: the dynamic suite composition dependency information in the OSD is not preserved by the Sequencer.  The workaround is to edit the OSD on the client (or distribute the edited OSD) to the client.  This issue will be resolved in the release candidate.

/Chris

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:42 AM