none
BHOLD FIM Integration Fails on Database Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Gentlemen,

I hope you are familiar with BHOLD FIM Integration because i'm having a headache trying to install it.

FIM Service installed successful and so BHOLD Core. However, when i tried to install BHOLD FIM Integration and logged the error and can see this exception:

The property 'DatabaseFile' was found with value 'C:\Program Files (x86)\BHOLD\FIM\Database Files\BholdFIMServices.xml'

The property 'SqlConnectionString' was found with value ''

Exception thrown by custom action:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'ADSTEST\FIM-Admin1'.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean withFailover)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at Bhold.DatabaseUpdater.Schema.DbSchema.Parse(String connectionString)
       at DBUpgraderCA.CustomActions.UpgradeDB(Session session)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Do you have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it ?

Majd

• Edited by Majd Andoni Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:18 PM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:18 PM

All replies

• It looks like the user does not have a SQL login. Try installing as a sysadmin.  Make sure you follow the instructions here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj134093(v=ws.10).aspx.  I went through it just recently with the latest version of BHOLD.

Friday, October 24, 2014 9:57 PM
  • I'm using an account with sysadmin permissions, this is my third time installing Bhold FIM integration and it always surprises me with new different problems !

I have another question maybe you can help, should the bhold fim integration version be the same as the bhold core ?

Majd

Saturday, October 25, 2014 4:57 PM