none
MDT 2013 - inject driver for Dell Latitude E7280 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I'm having a hard time to inject drivers for the new Dell Latitude 7280 and 7480. Injecting drivers is something I have done thousand times with older Dell models, so I don't really expect problems.

We are still a Windows 7 shop and bought the laptop with the skylake processor. I downloaded the Dell cab file for the model.

In the MDT 2013 workbench under "out of box drivers" I created a folder and imported the cab. After that I created a selection profile and point it to the out of box folder. In the task sequence I create a new task "inject drivers" and choose the selection profile. For the query I use this

WMI namespace root\cimv2

Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem where Model like 'Latitude E7280%'

I see when the task is running the process stays maybe 2 second on inject drivers and then it moves on. Normally I would see each indidual driver names loaded.

The only thing I imagine that Dell changed something to query the model.

I run this query from the cmd on the 7280 laptop.

WMIC computersystem get model

The result is "Latitude E7280"

I think my query should be okay for the model number. Not?

After the deployment stopped, because it couldn't install the NIC drivers and a lot more. I look at the logs in the MININT folders to see if I could spot something. Which log would record the install process where I could see why I didn't load drivers for the inject task?

Thanks,

Edy from Switzerland

Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:38 PM

Answers

• I figured it out. It was my mistake no reading the exact model. Dell changed the new Latitude to 7280 only. There is no longer the letter E in it. They dropped the E for this model. Dell usually used model numbers like E7270.

Edy from Switzerland

• Marked as answer by Edy Werder Monday, August 7, 2017 7:57 PM
    Monday, August 7, 2017 7:57 PM

All replies

• I figured it out. It was my mistake no reading the exact model. Dell changed the new Latitude to 7280 only. There is no longer the letter E in it. They dropped the E for this model. Dell usually used model numbers like E7270.

Edy from Switzerland

• Marked as answer by Edy Werder Monday, August 7, 2017 7:57 PM
    Monday, August 7, 2017 7:57 PM
  • Thank you for posting the answer, had the same problem.
    Monday, November 13, 2017 9:46 AM