Office Phone linked to User Profile RRS feed

• Question

• We recently set our office up with Skype for Business with PSTN Dial-In Conferencing. 

We do not use headsets and have extensions on our phones so we use the dial-in option. Whenever anyone dials in from ANY office phone, it shows as a specific user's profile (who is not actually in the meeting). Last week it was one user, but since we've had a new girl start, her profile is showing.

The Work Phone number stored in the profile has an extension on it so it is not an exact match. Also, this user's first name begins with S and last name A so they are not the first user in the list. 

Since the newest user's profile is showing, I'm wondering if it links to the newest user. 

How do I unlink our office phone from a user profile?

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Alice,

I don't know the specifics of the phone system but I do know this is happening for ALL users calling in from our line. I went into the Office 365 profile and removed the user's work phone number and today her profile is no longer linked to phone number.

I believe it is linking the most recent users profile with a matching phone number (disregarding the digits after the 11th digit which distinguishes it from the actual office phone).

We will be inputting just the extension in the Office 365 profile from here on out to prevent further linking.

• Edited by Kelci33 Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kelci33 Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:27 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Kelci33,

What kind of office phone did you use, is that a Polycom IP phone?

Regarding this issue, please test with another office phone and test if there is the same issue. For your office phone, please update the firmware to latest then test again.

For SFB client, please try to delete cache files and test again.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:14 AM
  • Hi Alice,

I don't know the specifics of the phone system but I do know this is happening for ALL users calling in from our line. I went into the Office 365 profile and removed the user's work phone number and today her profile is no longer linked to phone number.

I believe it is linking the most recent users profile with a matching phone number (disregarding the digits after the 11th digit which distinguishes it from the actual office phone).

We will be inputting just the extension in the Office 365 profile from here on out to prevent further linking.

• Edited by Kelci33 Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kelci33 Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:27 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:21 PM
  • Hi Kelci33,

Thanks for your sharing, it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 1:39 AM