Error when using KB Article with external content - SCSM 2012 SSP RRS feed

• Question

• As a little bit of background, our Helpdesk already has many self-help articles on our internal intranet site and we want to leverage this content rather than having to maintain and update the same article in multiple locations. I created a KB, used exertnal content and linked it to a Service Offering that is published in the portal. I can go to the portal and see the link for the article, just as I had expected, but clicking on it gets me the following:

Server Error in '/ContentHost' Application.

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation
    procedure.

Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
    request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and
    where it originated in the code.

Exception Details:
    System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote
    certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Source
    Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the
    current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
    exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.]
       System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +2693579
       System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) +321

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.]
       System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +3236585
       System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result) +216

[SecurityNegotiationException: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'wm-sm01:444'.]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +4729427
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +1725
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.Proxy.ServiceReference.IDataAccessService.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result) +0
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.Proxy.ServiceReference.DataAccessServiceClient.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result) +323
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.ProxyDataGateway.ExecuteScalar(DataCommandScalar`1 command) +654

[DataAccessException: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'wm-sm01:444'.]
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.ContentHost.KnowledgeArticleHandler.GetEndUserContent(HttpContext context) +1291
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.ContentHost.KnowledgeArticleHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +287
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +625
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET
    Version:4.0.30319.272
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:32 PM

Answers

• I found another post that detailed this fix, which allows you to view a KB from the SSP, but still doesn't solve the next problem I will post about, not being able to display a KB comprised of only External content.

I used the default location so my web.config file is placed at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\ContentHost\Web.config

Example:

Edit from

<add key="ContentHostAbsoluteUri" value="https://SCSM01:443/ContentHost" />

To

<add key="ContentHostAbsoluteUri" value="https://SCSM01.contoso.com:443/ContentHost" />

• Marked as answer by Marcel Hager Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:12 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:12 AM