Callpickup RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

We One of out offices is using OCS 2007 R2 as a complete phone system etc and we are in the process of moving them to Lync.  One of the biggest issues we have currently is the amount of time it takes to add and remove users from the team calling setting.

Currently they have 6 teams of roughly 10 people and these people move around and leave quite regulary.  These people will answer each others phones when they are away from their desks.  This means when one person leaves etc each person in that team will have to change the team calling setting to add or remove the users.

So my question is, is there a way to enable a group in AD or Lync to add these users so when these users move its just a matter of updating the one group and having that filter down to the clients?

Thanks

Monday, November 22, 2010 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hi

I dont think there is much you can do as the only supported way is to do it from each client :(

There is also a resource kit tool that can do some of these settings remote but not all called SEFAUtil.exe

SEFAUtil (secondary extension feature activation) enables Lync Server 2010 administrators and helpdesk agents to configure delegate-ringing and call-forwarding settings on behalf of a Lync Server user. This tool also allows administrators to query the call-routing settings that are published for a particular user.

Best Regards // Tommy Clarke - Please follow me @ Blog
    and Twitter

Monday, April 30, 2012 8:53 PM