none
Database function doesn't support 'ReturnSingleDatabase' with value true RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Gang,

Yesterday I ungraded to Excel 2016 through my Office 365 account, the issue i have now is when I run one of my power queries the following error message is returned:

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:39 AM

Answers

• It sounds like the version of the PQ addin you were using in Excel 2013 was more recent than the version of PQ included in Excel 2016.

Would it be possible for you to edit the problematic query's Source step? If you edit and re-commit the step, this may cause the query to start working in Excel 2016.

If that doesn't work, you could try editing the problematic query's formula text to remove the ReturnSingleDatabase option.

Let me know how it goes.

Ehren

Monday, January 25, 2016 7:16 PM
    Owner

All replies

• It sounds like the version of the PQ addin you were using in Excel 2013 was more recent than the version of PQ included in Excel 2016.

Would it be possible for you to edit the problematic query's Source step? If you edit and re-commit the step, this may cause the query to start working in Excel 2016.

If that doesn't work, you could try editing the problematic query's formula text to remove the ReturnSingleDatabase option.

Let me know how it goes.

Ehren

Monday, January 25, 2016 7:16 PM
    Owner
  • I had a similar problem. All that <g class="gr_ gr_50 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="50" id="50">i</g> had to do was remove the 'Returnsingledatabase' clause from the query and rerun it. it worked like a charm.

cheers!

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:05 AM