none
BitLocker recovery key, and Bitlocker Password is Not working

Question

• My BitLocker password is not working after format my c drive. instead i have my recovery that is also not working.

Please somebody help me to unlock my disk.

Saturday, March 12, 2016 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hi kpal0188,

According to your description, I guess you can’t unlock your disk after reinstall OS. We could try to repair it by use CMD command.

Please press “Win + R”, type “CMD” in the search box. If you know the recovery key, using the CMD command below.

“manage-bde-unlock E: -RecoveryPassword{…}” (“E” refers to the drive letter)

If it doesn’t work, the BitLocker files could damaged when you format the c driver. I’m sorry that you may have to look for Data recovery center to get your data back.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi kpal0188,

According to your description, I guess you can’t unlock your disk after reinstall OS. We could try to repair it by use CMD command.

Please press “Win + R”, type “CMD” in the search box. If you know the recovery key, using the CMD command below.

“manage-bde-unlock E: -RecoveryPassword{…}” (“E” refers to the drive letter)

If it doesn’t work, the BitLocker files could damaged when you format the c driver. I’m sorry that you may have to look for Data recovery center to get your data back.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 10:54 AM
  • hi I tried but i was given an error like"the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect"

please help me out. my project work is stuck in there

Saturday, July 23, 2016 3:55 PM