none
Zone transfer was not enabled automatically after repromote the domain contoller. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Everyone,

I need your help.

In my environment , we demoted a domain controller ( Including AD Integrated DNS) and repromoted successfully.

Health check and diagnostic everything was fine except one strange thing.

on that DNS we had two forward lookup zones where zone transfer was enabled for 2 zone.But after repromoting a domain controller

1 zone transfer setting came up in previous setting ( zone enabled) automatically but other did not come on previous settings.

Note:- How can say zone transfer was enabled before demotion - ans- event 6522 indicates zone transfer was happening for those zones successfully.

Kindly help.

ThanksLucky

• Edited by Lucky - MS Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:39 PM mistake
    Monday, April 25, 2016 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Lucky

>>1 zone transfer setting came up in previous setting ( zone enabled) automatically but other did not come on previous settings.

Sorry I don't find zone transfer settings in stub zone,do you mean the zone  can't loaded  automatically,it may caused by demoting and repromoting.Have you tried to re-create the stub zone,and test if it could work appropriate.

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Hbestregards Wednesday, May 4, 2016 2:59 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Hbestregards Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:21 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Dear Cartman,

My apologies for creating for confusion. Actually these forward lookup zone , stub zone i meant to other server.

So Let me rephrase my question.

1. Before demoting( AD force removal) there were two forward look up zone where zone was transfer was enabled towards to XYZ server.

2. After promoting the same server i see in DNS that zone transfer was enabled for 1 zone not for others without any manual intervene.

My question is - How zone transfer got enabled for 1 zone and not for other.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Hello Every one ,

Please help in this thread .

ThanksLucky

• Edited by Lucky - MS Wednesday, April 27, 2016 3:24 PM Lucky
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 3:24 PM
  • Hi Lucky,

Sorry for delay.It seems it was an unexpect issue after demoting and repromoting.

I suggest you open a case with Microsoft, more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.
    Here is the link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/support-options-for-business

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:14 AM