none
Driver not intended for this platform RRS feed

• Question

• i know normally people who ask this just need a 64bit driver but this one isnt so simple. im trying to connect a motorola G4 to my PC with the diag ports enabled, so first off i installed motorola device manager which auto installs the correct drivers. on my win10 system all was fine, but on my win 7 system it just said no driver could be found, which seemed odd because i knew id just installed them. 

so i went out and grabbed some driver packs and installed them directly with dpinst64 they installed but still the moto devices couldnt find a driver, so i decided to force the issue and went down the "have disk" route, when i tried this i got a message saying the driver is not intended for my platform, i double check the infs, yep theyre definitely for a win 7 x64 machine, i check my machine and to my complete lack of surprise it is still a win 7 x64 install so what is going on? i know the drivers work and are correct, i know theyre for the right version of windows, so why does windows disagree with me?? (i cant make a lick of sense out of this)

Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Go to Device Manager, does the device show with yellow warning icon?

If so, right click it and choose update driver, add the driver location. Are there any error pop up?

What if you install the driver in a compatibility mode? Right click the installation file,properties,compatibility tab.

You can download the driver from the manufacture's website and add the package to another Windows 7 64 bit machine to see if it has the same problem.

If other windows 7 machine all have the same problem, please contact Motorola support.

If the driver only can't installed on your machine, please run sfc /scannow in cmd as administrator to scan and fix the corrupted system components.

Then you can help us collect the logs both under %WINDIR%\Inf\Setupapi*log and C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\cbs.log. You can upload them to a network drive and share the link here.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 12, 2018 7:03 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any further problems, please feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:57 AM