Converter App-V package fail to launch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guy,

I successfully converted App-V 4.6 package to 5.0. and I installed app-v 4.6sp1 client with App-v 5.0 (Co-exist) but when I launched my converted packaged I got the following error message

"Failed to publish the package due to the following error:Windows powershell updated your execution policy successfully.but the setting is overridden by a policy defined at a more specific scope.Due to the override,your shell will retain its current effective execution policy of Unrestricted.Type "Get-ExecutionPolicy -List to view your execution policy settings. For more information please see Get-Help Set-ExecutionPolicy."

Please can any one help and am new to powershell command

Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:57 PM

Answers

• The message says that your execution policy will remain at Unrestricted, so it's hard to see why you would have an issue. Is this actually preventing you from launching the application - not sure why you would see a PowerShell prompt when launch an application?

Run Get-ExecutionPolicy -List to see what the execution policy is effectively being set to.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brandon RecordsModerator Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:18 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:46 PM

All replies

• Do you have Scripts enabled? Check your clients registry settings and/or your Group Policy settings. Or you could do what is suggested and spin up Powershell and type in what is suggested in the error.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:49 PM
  • The message says that your execution policy will remain at Unrestricted, so it's hard to see why you would have an issue. Is this actually preventing you from launching the application - not sure why you would see a PowerShell prompt when launch an application?

Run Get-ExecutionPolicy -List to see what the execution policy is effectively being set to.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brandon RecordsModerator Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:18 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:46 PM