none
capture problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to capture a an image from prepared by somebody laptop. I am "pushed" to do it, regardless my recommendation to use corporate image that perfectly serves 20+ computer models.

After couple of failures I asked to wipe partitions and install clean VLK Windows and then the apps that they want.

Capturing Windows 7.  MDT is 2013.

The capture stuck on Running action: Execute Sysprep for more than 30min. No errors kicked up.

I don't thing that I just supposed to wait more than 30 min.

No obvious error. The only thing I think now is that I run LiteTouch.WSF usually use VBS.

Could it be it? Anyway I returned a laptop for restoring on it backed up image.

Please see the bdd... May be there is something that I am missing. Will start next capture with LiteTouch.vbs.

ADD: run new CAPTURE using LiteTouch.vbs. THE same thing it stopped on sysprep

Thanks.

Just realized that I cannot paste whole bdd (more than 4000 characters).

Please see bdd ena sysprep logs on my onedrive:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av7GxVRWTkZlcYSUZfLAwcuD8ys

• Edited by pob579 Friday, March 31, 2017 1:51 PM
    Friday, March 31, 2017 12:45 PM

All replies

• Found the blog related to my issue. The problem seems to be related to the laptop model HP EliteBook 840G3.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1f319e6f-3ff7-4f08-a216-20b3084de9b2/stuck-on-sysprep-is-workingprocessing-generalize-phase-sysprep-plugins?forum=mdt

The workaround proposes a change in the Unnatend.xml of Capture TS.

Should I switch back after doing a change for this particular capture?

May be other suggestion?

Thanks.

A workaround from the link above:

Here's a detailed walkthrough in case you need it:
    1. In MDT/SSCM edit the task sequence that includes your capture, click on the "OS Info" tab, and click the "Edit Unattend.xml" button.
    2. The Windows System Image Manager window will analyze the image you've selected (it will take a while) then display the current answer file configuration.
    3. On the left side of the window, in the "Windows Image" pane you should see the name of the image you are using. If not, click the grey box to browse to and select the image file for the task you are performing (if you don't have one yet, try a generic image).
    4. The catalog for the Windows image should be available now. Expand the tree to (YourImageName)\Components\amd64_Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep_(YourWindowsVersion)_neutral
    5. Right-click on amd64_Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep_(YourWindowsVersion)_neutral and select to "Add Setting to Pass 3 generalize"
    6. In the "Answer File" pane, expand the tree to unattend\Components\3 generalize
    7. Click on amd64_Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep_neutral, then in the Properties pane to the right, change the value "PersistAllDeviceInstalls" to "true"
    8. Save the answer file. You will likely get a warning about several of MDT's default values not passing validation. Ignore it and save it anyways.
    9. Run your capture task again and this time sysprep should complete and move on to the "Create WIM" capture task.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Friday, March 31, 2017 2:37 PM
  • Instead of "playing" with capturing this particular model I proposed a creation of new clean deployment image that I will be captured from VM. Few apps will be attached in APPS for selection like for the base corporate image.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 2:30 PM