MS Communicator doesn't detect bluetooth headset as "Headset", only Speakerphone RRS feed

• Question

• I am running MS Communicator 2007 R2 v3.5.6907.0 and Live Meeting v8.0.6362.140 on Windows 7 Enterprise on a Toshiba Tecra M5 with Toshiba Bluetooth stack v4.60.02(T)

I have just purchased a Plantronics Voyager 520 USB headset. This is paired fine with the PC and can be used as an audio device.

However, in both Communicator and Live Meeting this headset isn't detected as a headset and can only be configured as "Speaker/Microphone or Speakerphone".

With my previous Plantronics USB headset, this was detected and could be setup as "Handset or Headset", but with the Bluetooth I don't get that option.

If I check the details in the Bluetooth utility, the headset shows up with a Service Class of Handsfree and a Device Class of Audio/Video Wearable Headset Device.

Does anyone know how I can get this setup so Communicator and Live Meeting see this is a Handset/Headset?

Thanks,

Derek

Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:45 AM

All replies

• That is very strange to not see the device in both sections.

A couple of things to try one is to upgrade Communicator to the latest 3.5.6907.196 version. Also LiveMeeting isn't at the latest version.

The Voyager 520 isn't a MOC optimised device although that shouldn't affect how it is seen in the clients only the quality. MOC optimised devices are also supposed to be easier to install as well as they don't require extra drivers.

It could be something to do with the Toshiba Bluetooth stack have you tried with another machine with a different stack?

Chris Clark - | MCTS:OCS & UC Voice Specialization | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA http://www.unitycomms.com
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:25 PM
  • That experience is typical with a device that is not listed on the 'Optimized for OCS' list. Some non-optimized devices will appear as the device type you'd expect, others will be as closely matched to the type that Office Communicator 'thinks' it is.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:06 PM