none
install project server 2013 on sharepoint server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm in a trouble on  installing project server 2013 on SharePoint 2013. There are two servers in the farm, one is web server and another one is application server. I installed project server 2013 on both of them. However, it is still show me the error message " project server is missing " on the web server. I also could detect this problem from the farm information. It also show missing project server on one of the servers. I'm confused because I already did the installation of project server on both of the servers. Does anyone have the similar problem and hope someone could give me a little help.

Thanks in advance.

CG 

Friday, June 14, 2013 4:31 PM

All replies

• Make sure that SharePoint configuration wizard is completed on both the servers

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 14, 2013 4:46 PM
  • The problem was happened while I was running the SharePoint configuration wizard. This error stopped me from completing on any one of the servers.

Friday, June 14, 2013 4:49 PM
  • After installing Project Server , you must complete SharePoint Configuration wizard. Also you should start with server hosting Central admin in the farm.

Navigate to ULS log folder and rename  existing upgrade.log file. Execute SharePoint Configuration wizard and upon failure review upgrade.log file for error

Make sure that you have logged in with Farm Administrator account before starting SharePoint configuration wizard.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 14, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Thanks for replying. I will try to do that and hope make some progress.
    Friday, June 14, 2013 4:56 PM
  • Hey Hrishi,

For that problem, I already solved. However, there is another error happened. The error message as follows:

Failed to provision the SharePoint Central Administration Web Application.

Could not find file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\7126\web.config'.
    File name: 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\7126\web.config'

Thanks for any help!

CG

Friday, June 14, 2013 8:41 PM