Exchange Online user access to Exchange 2010 public folders RRS feed

• Question

• I am following this procedure:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn249373(v=exchg.160).aspx

I get to the part where I run the Exchange Online Cmdlet:

Set-OrganizationConfig -PublicFoldersEnabled Remote -RemotePublicFolderMailboxes ExchangeHybridDBForPFs

But I get the error:

Couldn't find object "ExchangeHybridDBForPFs". Please make sure that it was spelled correctly or specify a different object.

I thought that maybe public folder Exchange information wasn't being sync'd up. I had selected specific OUs for the Azure AD Connect to sync when I set it up. I added the following to Azure AD Connect to sync:

CN=Folder Hierarchies,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com

and

CN=Databases,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com

I initiated another sync, but still no luck. There is something that the procedure is not telling me that I need to do, or is assuming I setup, but I don't know what else I need to have setup.

Please help.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:37 PM

Answers

Set-OrganizationConfig -PublicFoldersEnabled Remote -RemotePublicFolderMailboxes ExchangeHybridDBForPFs

But I get the error:

Couldn't find object "ExchangeHybridDBForPFs". Please make sure that it was spelled correctly or specify a different object.

I thought that maybe public folder Exchange information wasn't being sync'd up. I had selected specific OUs for the Azure AD Connect to sync when I set it up. I added the following to Azure AD Connect to sync:

CN=Folder Hierarchies,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com

and

CN=Databases,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com

I initiated another sync, but still no luck. There is something that the procedure is not telling me that I need to do, or is assuming I setup, but I don't know what else I need to have setup.

Please help.

You enter the name of the actual PF mailboxes on-prem there. Did you do that?
    • Marked as answer by EricR-82 Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:22 PM
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:19 PM
  • You're supposed to pass the PF mailboxes, not the database name, which is what you seem to be doing based on the above. As in, the mailbox(es) you create as part of Step 2, item 3.
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:20 PM

All replies

But I get the error:

and

Please help.

You enter the name of the actual PF mailboxes on-prem there. Did you do that?
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:19 PM
  • You're supposed to pass the PF mailboxes, not the database name, which is what you seem to be doing based on the above. As in, the mailbox(es) you create as part of Step 2, item 3.
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:20 PM
  • Oops. The fix is to actually read the procedure.

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:22 PM