none
MDT 2013 - Install Applications in Task Sequence - Asking to select apps during deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am after some help regarding MDT 2013. It is implemented already in my workplace. We currently have a litetouch deployment setup. I am creating new test Task Sequences which at the moment works fine apart from one thing. In our current working Windows 7 task sequence when deploying machines it doesnt ask which applications to install as they are listed in the task sequence it skips the "select applications to install" dialog. However with my new test task sequence which is in the same deployment share it asks me to select which applications to install during deployment. I have mirrored everything from the current working task sequence and still it requests me to select the applications. there is nothing in the custom settings file about installing applications. Can anyone advise on this?

The Original task which doesn't ask to select applications does not have any settings to process rules. and the same for my new test task sequence, but this one does ask to select applications

This is the rules file.

[Settings]
    Priority=Default

[Default]
    OSInstall=YES
    SkipAppsOnUpgrade=YES
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    TimeZone=110
    TimeZoneName= W. Europe Standard Time
    SkipUserData=YES
    _SMSTSORGNAME=Internal IT, the gods you can touch
    SkipFinalSummary=YES
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    FinishAction=RESTART

• Edited by BillyWears Monday, February 23, 2015 8:57 AM
    Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:02 AM

Answers

• Ok Guys... Finally managed (after some guidance) to resolve this issue... It was definitely a schoolboy error on my end... I had forgotten to disable a previous task in the task sequence for "Install Applications" and somehow totally missed it when going through the task sequence.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:27 AM

All replies

• Ok Guys... Finally managed (after some guidance) to resolve this issue... It was definitely a schoolboy error on my end... I had forgotten to disable a previous task in the task sequence for "Install Applications" and somehow totally missed it when going through the task sequence.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:27 AM
  • the "Install Application" step in the task sequence has two modes:

If all of your "Install Application" steps use "Install a Single Application" then the Litetouch wizard will *NOT* display the applications wizard.

However if you have "Install Application" step with the "install Multiple Applications" mode enabled it will display the wizard page.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:47 AM