Microsoft Edge sandboxing of external Javascript code breaks PrototypeJS RRS feed

• Question

• What Microsoft Edge is doing, at least from what I can see, is that any external javascript(ie javascript from any other FQDN that is different from the websites) is being "sandboxed" to an extent. I'm not sure how much it is being sandboxed, but Edge will not let you see function code. So if you were to do a someFunction.toString(), you will get "function someFunction() { [native code] }" where as in any other browser you would get "function someFunction(args, args1) { /*the functions code*/ }" You can of course run the function but you can't print it out. Where this gets to be a problem is with Prototype. For subclasses, prototype does a toString of a function to see if it has "$super" as its first argument. If it does, then it knows to link that with a parent class's function. If prototype can't see a text version of the function, any subclasses will not work correctly. I can't find anything about this on the internet. You can't change any security settings in Edge(there are not toggles).

Does anyone know any workaround or do we just have to wait and see if Microsoft will fix this?

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To help you better, I suggest you submit a new case on MSDN forum as they will be more professional on your issue:

This is the MSDN forum link.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ 

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Simon

Friday, August 21, 2015 9:04 AM