none
Dynamic Distribution send to permissions not working for 1 list

Question

• I have one dynamic d-list for our All-Employees list, that continuously breaks. I have recreated it and tried testing with several others and this is what I've noticed.  If I create a list and set the company to just be "CO" it will work, and continue to work.  However, after I change the company to "contoso, inc." after sometime it will break, and everyone will be able to send to it. I've tried setting it to moderated, and that doesn't appear to help as well.  When I compose an email I see a mail tip telling me that I don't have permission to send the email and then below that I see another tip that says the email will be sent to x amount of people.  

If I look at the delivery report I see one entry for all employee that failed and numerous ones that say delivered and that it's being delivered becuase of a rule.  If I look at mail flow then rules I don't see any rules listed there.

Delivery Report for  All - Employees ‎(All-Employees2@contoso.com)‎
    Submitted
    6/19/2017 10:58 AM EXCHDB02
    The message was submitted to exchdb02.contoso.com.
    Pending
    6/19/2017 10:58 AM exchdb02.contoso.com
    Message was received by exchdb02.contoso.com from exchdb02.contoso.com.
    Failed
    6/19/2017 10:58 AM exchdb02.contoso.com
    The message couldn't be delivered.
    [{LRT=};{LED=550 4.3.2 QUEUE.TransportAgent; message deleted by transport agent};{FQDN=};{IP=}]

Here are the results of the message tracking logs

EventId  Source   Sender                                                       Recipients                                                   MessageSubject
    -------  ------   ------                                                       ----------                                                   --------------
    RECEIVE  STORE... jjan@contoso.com                                 {All-Employees2@contoso.com, jjancel@carnegielea... Exchange Updates Tonight 6/19/2017 after 9:00
    SUBMIT   STORE... jjan@contoso.com                                 {All-Employees2@contoso.com, jjancel@carnegielea... Exchange Updates Tonight 6/19/2017 after 9:00
    HARED... SMTP     jjan@contoso.com                                 {All-Employees2@contoso.com, jjancel@carnegielea... Exchange Updates Tonight 6/19/2017 after 9:00
    RECEIVE  SMTP     jjan@contoso.com                                 {All-Employees2@contoso.com, jjancel@carnegielea... Exchange Updates Tonight 6/19/2017 after 9:00
    FAIL     AGENT    jjan@contoso.com                                 {All-Employees2@contoso.com}                        Exchange Updates Tonight 6/19/2017 after 9:00
    RECEIVE  AGENT    jjan@contoso.com                                 {rmac@contoso.com}                              Exchange Updates Tonight 6/19/2017 after 9:00
    RECEIVE  AGENT    jjan@contoso.com                                 {jamb@contoso.com}                              Exchange Updates Tonight 6/19/2017 after 9:00

• Edited by jjancel2 Monday, June 19, 2017 4:59 PM more info
    Monday, June 19, 2017 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi jjancel2,

Where did you configure company?

By this error, emails message may be deleted by transport rule, so we suggest you check if there are any related the transport rules to delete it. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:31 AM
  • I configured the company under Membership in the dynamic distribution group.  I don't have any transport rules listed under Mailflow.  I suspect it may be something to do with transport agent, but I don't know how to view the settings for my transport agents.
    Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

How about run below command to list the transport agent?
    Get-TransportAgent

For testing, please disable the suspicious agent (Disable-TransportAgent), then send a test message to check the result.

Moreover, we need check the Anti-spam agent logging to get more details information. It's more helpful for further troubleshooting.

Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:30 AM