none
Exchange 2007 Transport Rule for BCC recipients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi we have an Exchange 2007 server and I want to know how i can get a list of all the emails that are sent out with a BCC recipient. I want a copy of these emails redirected to another mailbox setup for this purpose

I have tried setting up transport rules none of which have worked. There doesn't seem to be a specific code for the BCC field.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if not are there any alternatives?

Thanks

Friday, March 31, 2017 1:17 PM

All replies

• Not answering question, but are you not migrating off 2007?

Less than two weeks of support left at this time...

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rmilne/2016/04/11/save-the-date-end-of-exchange-2007-extended-support/

Cheers,

Rhoderick

Microsoft Senior Exchange PFE

Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/rmilne  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:   XING:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, March 31, 2017 2:11 PM
  • I'm a tech with a managed service provider and this client is a charity.  No funds for an upgrade at this point in time!

Thanks though

Friday, March 31, 2017 2:14 PM
  • Don't charities get a very good deal on Office 365?  Or would that cut into your managed service provider profit?  Come to think of it, shouldn't a managed service provider be responsible for paying for a support call as part of the service provided?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, April 2, 2017 12:28 AM
  • Hi,

It’s hard to achieve this with the transport rule. It’s recommended to check the message tracking log with the recipient status:

Please refer to the command in the following article:

Exchange Server FAQ: Does Message Tracking Include Bcc Recipients?

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:43 AM
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Thank Ed,  be careful to not fall off that high horse of yours. 
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:11 PM
  • It is a valid question though.  The last RU has been shipped for Exchange 2007.  That means you will not be able to get security fixes. Someone has to sign off on that risk.

So it is either a move to a  newer version of Exchange, or to 365.

I don't have any lab 2007 servers left to look at the rules - uninstalled the last one in January.

Cheers,

Rhoderick

Microsoft Senior Exchange PFE

Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/rmilne  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:   XING:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:42 PM
  • High horse?  Really?  I was just answering your objections.  I have no financial stake or other interest in you going to Office 365, I just happen to think it might just be the right thing for you do to rather than trying to extend the life of Exchange 2007.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 5:47 AM