none
Saving a split view? RRS feed

• Question

• I can get things how I want them, with a modified version of the resource sheet on top and a modified version of the resource graph at the bottom, but when I save them, then go to gantt chart and fiddle around, then go back to my saved view, it's only one of the panes (the top one).

I need to have it so I set up my columns exactly how I want them on the resource sheet, set up my resource graph on the bottom exactly how I want it, save it, and then someone else can go in and look at it without having to know what they're doing.

I'm in Project 2010.

Thanks.

edit: So I've noticed if I don't drag the split all the way down when I go to the gantt view and I go back to my custom view, my bottom pane is still there, but if I drag it all the way down in Gantt and go back, it's gone, and if I use the slider under the scroll button to slide it up, it brings up the resource FORM which I don't want.
    • Edited by Werdnaegni Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:58 PM
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you correctly configured you combinated view?

Then

I just tested and it works as expected.

Which level of upgrade do you have?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:00 PM
  • I can create one just fine, but then if I edit the individual views that are shown and save the view, overwriting my custom view, it doesn't remember how I had it split. Creating it is fine if I just want the basic 2 views and don't want to save anything. I can do resource sheet on top and resource graph on the bottom and everything is fine as long as I don't make any changes and try to save it.
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:15 PM
  • I just made a test and it worked properly.

Meaning if my splitted view is composed by the resource sheet and the resource graph, I just edit the resource "entry" table and save it. Then in cascade the resource sheet is correctly updated and my custom splitted view too.

Which Project version and service pack (and CU) do you have?

Hope this helps,

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:24 PM
  • It's Project 2010. Not sure on the SP.

So you created a custom view, comprised of 'resource sheet' on top and 'resource graph' on bottom.

Then you changed some columns, changed the way the graph works a bit, etc.

Then you hit view > Save View... then overwrote your current view (the one you created earlier).

Then you went to gantt chart, dragged the bottom pane all the way down, then clicked view > the custom view you made and saved earlier, and it was back exactly how you had it when you saved it?

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:34 PM
  • Actually I made the changes editing the table of the resource sheet, like adding a column.

Then I did as you said and it worked as expected.

Hope this helps,

Friday, November 7, 2014 2:33 AM