Hide Site Collection Administrators button from Site Permissions. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this question belongs under the Administration or Development category. Therefore posting on Development. Thanks.

I need to hide the Site Collection Administrators button from the Navigation bar under Site Settings -> Site Permissions from all SharePoint sites.

I was able to hide the Site Collection Administrators link from Site Settings -> under Users and Permissions category.

1. On each server access the below directory
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033\STYLES\Themable
    2. Make a copy of COREV15.CSS file
    3. Edit COREV15.CSS file and navigate to the bottom of the file.
    4. Add the below code to the file and save.

#ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_UsersAndPermissions_RptControls_SiteCollectionAdministrators

{    display:none;   }

Evy

Friday, May 25, 2018 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Add the CSS style below into the COREV15.CSS file.

a[id='Ribbon.Permission.Manage.SiteColAdmin-Medium']
    {
    	display:none;
    }

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 28, 2018 2:42 AM
  • UPDATE:

I found the reason.  Sites which the Theme has been changed use different corev15 files. Based on research I did,  I would have to access each theme and update the code there.  The problem is that even if a person changes a font, a new file is created.  I will not continue pursing using this methods.  Instead I will look into using a redirect from e/_layouts/15/mngsiteadmin.aspx to customized page.  I appreciate everyone's time who took to read my post.

Now to look how to do the redirect :-)

Evy

• Edited by Evys Friday, June 1, 2018 12:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Evys Friday, June 1, 2018 12:44 PM
    Friday, June 1, 2018 12:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Add the CSS style below into the COREV15.CSS file.

a[id='Ribbon.Permission.Manage.SiteColAdmin-Medium']
    {
    	display:none;
    }

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 28, 2018 2:42 AM
  • Thanks Dennis.  Worked great :-)

Evy

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 11:34 AM
  • I discovered that if the site is a Publishing site it does not hide it.  Anyone knows who to hide from a publishing site?

Evy

Thursday, May 31, 2018 1:16 PM
  • Hi,

I create a publishing site and it also works.

Please provide more details about how to reproduce this issue, others would get easier to research on it.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Friday, June 1, 2018 1:27 AM
  • Originally I thought it was publishing sites.  I looked to which css files it points to.  All sites that work point to /_layouts/15/1033/styles/Themable/corev15.css.  The sites that do not work point to ="/sites/WINGS/_catalogs/theme/Themed/AFB08BAF/corev15-51C31438.themedcss?ctag=6".  They all have /sites/URL/.....   I searched on the server for corev15-51C31438.themedcss but could not find it. 

works:

rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/_layouts/15/1033/styles/Themable/corev15.css?rev=rG1MbiemWZsys%2BTzG%2BKoSg%3D%3D"/>

does not work:

rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
    href="/sites/WINGS/_catalogs/theme/Themed/AFB08BAF/corev15-51C31438.themedcss?ctag=6"

Evy

Friday, June 1, 2018 12:09 PM
  • UPDATE:

I found the reason.  Sites which the Theme has been changed use different corev15 files. Based on research I did,  I would have to access each theme and update the code there.  The problem is that even if a person changes a font, a new file is created.  I will not continue pursing using this methods.  Instead I will look into using a redirect from e/_layouts/15/mngsiteadmin.aspx to customized page.  I appreciate everyone's time who took to read my post.

Now to look how to do the redirect :-)

Evy

• Edited by Evys Friday, June 1, 2018 12:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Evys Friday, June 1, 2018 12:44 PM
    Friday, June 1, 2018 12:43 PM