VMM 2012R2 MP version 3.2.8071 broken - Arithmetic overflow error RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, wondering if anyone has stumbled across this one, its puzzling me and i'm not sure where to start with it...

We are running the VMM 2012 R2 MPs Version 3.2.8071.0 but some of the views seem to be having issues. I'm guessing a number is too big to be multiplied \ divided added up or something which sounds like either a data issue in the DW or an MP bug.

SCOM environment is 2012 R2 with UR8
    VMM Environment is 2012 R2 with UR8

We have 12 hosts in VMM with approx 300 VMs
    The MP has run ok for around 5 months.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer". I do not work for Microsoft, I manage a large estate in the public sector, my views are generally first hand production experiences.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Sir,

Generally, an arithmetic overflow is caused by a calculated column value that exceeds the column's specified size.

As recommended , you may try to contact Microsoft Customer Support and Services where more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.

In addition, if the issue has been proved as system flaw, the consulting fee would be refund.

You may find phone number for your region accordingly from the link below: Global Customer Service phone numbers

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-au?wa=wsignin1.0

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, January 3, 2016 10:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Thursday, January 7, 2016 9:57 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2015 6:39 AM