none
Quick access menus collapsing without me touching them.... RRS feed

• Question

• I got a three monitor set up and spend a lot of time on my work pc reviewing multiple docs.

Typically I review batches of 15 at a time. Whilst reviewing them today I noticed that the:

Quick access

This PC

Network

Menus in the left margin were expanding and collapsing while I was working on another screen reviewing and closing documents.

Is there a RAT on my PC? Was someone else there and doing this?

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Perform a clean boot to avoid the effects of third party software.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

If it collapsed when it got too long.

Go into Options with right click on Quick Access and then untick Show recently... and Show frequently... options.

So now it will only show the folders I want it to and will therefore keep to its normal size.

After that I suggest that you could keep updating to the latest version to check.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:06 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:32 AM