none
Homegroup and Network visibility RRS feed

• Question

• Cannot join Homegroup on any of my computers period (was set up pre-relase  Win 10  v.1115 and working fine

Cannot switch from Business to Home network  (always defaults back to business)

Workgroup cannot change Name only unless I leave network on Business if I switch to Home it defaults back to WORKGROUP

Cannot access network shared folders anymore either without an unknown password never setup even if I had said password have my doubts it would work

This was all working fine  until I just upgraded to (Win 10  1115)

Computers  are           2 Running  Win 10  (1115)         1 Running wIN 10 (early)     1  Running Win 8.1 pro

All have the same issue above

All Running Mcafee security software   Turned off all PCs software security and still no GO

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 11:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I understand that network setting switch back to WORKGROUP when change it from business to home network, and cannot access network shared folder.
    If I misunderstand your concern, please fell free to let me know.

How do you change network setting in Windows 10?

There're 3 types for network location in Windows 10, Private, Public or Guest, Domain. You can open Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center to check. If you want change it to home, you can click "HomeGroup" in left bottom and join a homegroup and set network location to private.

If you have joined to domain, you might in a domain network location. You can quit domain and join workgroup. Please press "Windows+X" to open System to check, click Change Settings to quit.

If you want to enable network sharing, you can open Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings to change. It depends on your network location.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:19 AM