none
Create project and manage timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i just want to create a project, add some task and assigned task to users.  User can view their task and update their timesheets and task so that i am get updates of work.

for this i have created a project, add task, build resource team, assigned resource to task.

Now problem is that if i assigned task to UserA.  how can userA get the details of assigned task and how can user update working on task.

When i logged with UserA and click on project, userA does not get the assigned task list.

Pls guide.

Thanks

iffi

Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:50 PM

All replies

• imughal --

Is User A in the Enterprise Resource Pool?  If yes, have you also published the project?  If yes, are the tasks Manually Scheduled or Auto Scheduled?  If they are Manually Scheduled, change them to Auto Scheduled, and then save and publish again.  Please let us know the answers to these questions and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:57 PM
  • Hi,

now i am able to add resource and resource get the task and update task.

now issuer is that when user update task for example 20% work completed and send updates,  updates get approved. but status is not being reflected.

project owner getting 0% completed wheres work is completed by 20% by resource. pls guide.

thanks

iffi

Friday, November 11, 2016 5:34 AM
  • imughal --

The project manager needs to open the updated project in Microsoft Project, analyze variance, and then save and publish the project.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, November 11, 2016 2:09 PM