How do I find out who my Organization is? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 10 and for some reason it wont allow me (this is my own personal computer) to do many things like Update my files, or turn my History settings On.  When I go into my Settings in Windows 10 in Red writing it says certain items cannot be changed because of your "Organization".  Well I am completely oblivious to this statement and I would like you to help me figure out who this Organization is that has obviously taken control of my computer.   

Please help! Thank you Tina D.

Friday, June 17, 2016 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hi DeliSlt70,

As far as I'm concerned, it may related with the account you logon the computer, which account do you use, common user account or Admin account?

If you are the Admin of the computer, then please open mmc, add local user and group snap-in, in users, you may see all the accounts for this computer, check if Admin account is disabled, if yes, enable it and use Admin account to login and do those operations.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 20, 2016 5:45 AM

All replies

• Hi DeliSlt70,

As far as I'm concerned, it may related with the account you logon the computer, which account do you use, common user account or Admin account?

If you are the Admin of the computer, then please open mmc, add local user and group snap-in, in users, you may see all the accounts for this computer, check if Admin account is disabled, if yes, enable it and use Admin account to login and do those operations.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 20, 2016 5:45 AM
  • Is this a brand new computer or a second hand one? You normally get those options if the update settings have been manually configured, this is what would happen in a an organisation so they can control which updates you recieve.
    Monday, June 20, 2016 4:02 PM