none
experience with new microsoft applications RRS feed

• Question

• I always seem to have problems when using  new Microsoft apps like OneDrive first time. They usually do not work for me the first time even though I follow the instructions.  I fine that most of these issues are resolved with account settings, when they appear to be technical. Example: I couldn't get OneDrive to work. My files were not uploading at all I thought I lost my data. I like to test apps before I adopt them. I tried everything I could think of on my own and a number of solutions I found on Microsoft.com.  In the end it was a logon issue. I had to log off my Microsoft live account log onto a local account and then immediately logout and log back in with my Microsoft live account and it worked.  Which makes no sense to me.  I glad but it took me all day to find the solution and it wasn't even technical and it was upsetting.  In the end I usually like the things I adopt but I spend so much time trying to figure out solutions that I give up and chose not to try new technology. Or I go to other vendors who's apps are usually more robust and simple.  But I question their security while I trust Microsoft, I would like to able to try Microsoft new apps and technologies without worrying whether it's going to work as described or is there going to be many hours of tweaking to get it to work. 
    Friday, September 5, 2014 6:07 AM

All replies

• I'd like to add that this has been my experience with Microsoft ever since the old DOS days prior to Windows 3.1.
    Friday, September 5, 2014 6:10 AM