Number display on Polycom CX600 RRS feed

• Question

• Polycom CX600 sometimes displays full E164 followed by semicolon & extension number and sometimes displays just the 4 digit extension? Is there a simple reason for this?
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:47 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I had the same problem between users with a Telephone Number in AD and those with this field empty.

Can you check if the caller have this field filled in your AD? (user property, General Panel)

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 MCTS: Lync Server 2010, Configuring MCSE

• Edited by Timil Monday, December 17, 2012 10:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Timil Monday, December 17, 2012 12:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:02 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 10:54 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if the E.164 number and extension number are all in the user's contact card. If yes, it is normal.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I had the same problem between users with a Telephone Number in AD and those with this field empty.

Can you check if the caller have this field filled in your AD? (user property, General Panel)

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 MCTS: Lync Server 2010, Configuring MCSE

• Edited by Timil Monday, December 17, 2012 10:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Timil Monday, December 17, 2012 12:57 PM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 10:54 AM
  • This is correct, the phone number displayed in the phone display (doesnt matter if this is a Polycom or not) depends on the format of the phone field in the AD.
    Monday, December 17, 2012 12:49 PM
  • The telephone number displayed in AD is the 4 digit extension. How can the same phone sometimes either display the E164 number or the 4 digit extension, for example mine this morning showed the full whilst now it is showing 4 digits?? 
    Monday, December 17, 2012 3:42 PM
  • Are you sure that the phone field (so all of them that are available in the AD) are with the 4 digits? Also confirm that the number is 4 digits using AdsieEdit. I have seen it that when you check in the AD it states a number and when using AdsieEdit is showed me a diffrent one.

One thing is for sure, the phone uses the AD to display the number.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:43 AM
  • The telephone number displayed in AD is the 4 digit extension. How can the same phone sometimes either display the E164 number or the 4 digit extension, for example mine this morning showed the full whilst now it is showing 4 digits?? 

Hello,

I asked you to check your users account properties in AD because its the common root cause of your problem.

Can you answer my previous question please?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

Please check if the E.164 number and extension number are all in the user's contact card. If yes, it is normal.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:16 AM
  • Did anybody ever found the answer for this? We are experience the same behavior with our CXs. Stating that the behavior is "normal", doesn't answer at all...
    Friday, May 17, 2013 8:18 PM
  • Did anybody ever found the answer for this? We are experience the same behavior with our CXs. Stating that the behavior is "normal", doesn't answer at all...

Hello,

As you can see there were a question asked to the original poster that were never answered.

This question should answer the problem too as it obviously lead to check the proper AD field.

Regards

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:22 AM
  • I have now realised that the full E164 is being pulled from Lync & the 4 digit extension is being pulled from AD. I still don't know why they change & how often though??
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:52 PM
  • No, the AD field overwrite the Lync field in the contact card IF the AD field is compatible with Lync dial plan(s).

Can you please give us example of your settings in both AD and Lync, what is the result and what did you expected?

Regards

Friday, May 24, 2013 10:36 AM
  • Timil, your statement is incorrect in regards to Polycom LPE.

Common Area Phone contact's attributes:
    telephonenumber: +XXX-227-204-ZZZ
    msRTCSIP-Line: tel:+XXX227204ZZZ;ext=204ZZZ

imo E.164 format is not readable by human beings.
    Microsoft continues to disagree, here's the proof
    Majority of my users need hyphens or white spaces between digits.
    This is how we have numbers entered in AD.

I have normalization rules to get rid of any non-digit characters and normalize to E.164.

The number displayed at Polycom CX CAP is +XXX227204ZZZ

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:44 AM