Override using a group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can I have somehting explained to me please?

We have SCOM 2007 R2 in an Exchange 2007 environment and are using the Ex 2007 MP. We created a 'Ex 2007 Custom' MP for overrides etc. For the Monitor "% Committed memory" (from the Server 2008 MP) we are finding that the 80% threshold is too low for Exchg mailbox servers. So we want to override it. So we create a group "Exchg 2007 Mailbox servers" in the custom MP and its membership is dynamic with the following inclusion rule:

( Object is Exchange 2007 Mailbox Role AND True )

Then we create an Override targetting that Group to tweak the threshold for % memory up to say 90%.

And it doesnt work.

However, if we create a group with this membership rule, it works:

( Object is Windows Computer AND ( NetBIOS Computer Name

Matches wildcard EX? ) AND True )

(mailbox servers start with 'EX' - but so do other Exchange servers e.g. hub etc and we dont want to override them!)

Now I'm thinking it has something to do with the Monitor in question being specific to 'Windows Computer'?...But it all seems counter-intuitive to me. What way should we setup the group to catch only the mailbox servers for this override? Want to avoid explicit membership as the environment is growing at present and servers are being added.

Many thanks

Patrick

Monday, December 5, 2011 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hello Patrick,

You can create it as a dynamic membership group, Here You Go

In the Group's Dynamic Members page | Select Exchange 2007 Mailbox Role class| Add | in the expression >> Windows Computer Netbios Name >> Contains >> Ex

Test it!!

Then use it with your override

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mazen

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:18 AM