How to sync color categories in outlook mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have 3 different computers in my company and i need to sync the color categories between them.

I have created an IMAP and a POP3 account shared between the 3 computers, but i cannot find a way to sync the categories.

My goal is to be able to flag a mail with the flag for example "order completed" on one PC and i want the others 2 PC to be able to see the flag "order completed" so that the 3 operators knows which orders their colleague have completed.

I hope i was clear on my request,

Thanks for the answers.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 1:25 PM

All replies

• Here is an ultimate guide for setting color categories in outlook.

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlook-categories-and-color-categories/

If you find my answer helpful, please "Mark as Answer" and "Vote"

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

Neither POP3 nor IMAP supports synchronization of color categories. POP3 is download only while IMAP doesn't support color categories. If you want to sync the color categories, try using an Exchange account or simply using an Outlook.com/Hotmail.com account.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, September 10, 2018 9:35 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:57 AM
  • Hi,

You can check out CodeTwo CatMan (freeware): https://www.codetwo.com/freeware/catman/. It allows for sharing Outlook categories with other users. 

All the best,

Adam

CodeTwo: Software solutions for Exchange and Office 365

Thursday, September 6, 2018 12:28 PM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 10, 2018 9:35 AM