none
DPM 2016 UR4 integration with VMM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I cannot get my DPM 2016 UR4 server to contact my VMM 2016 machine to allow protection after live migration of Hyper-V VMs. I am using modern storage on ReFS. 

Both firewalls are disabled, the vmm server is correctly set in the dpm database. The 2016 vmm console is installed and can connect to the vmm server. DPM-VMM-Helper service is running. I deleted and re-created the protection groups. 

Still, following topic 7 in this link: https://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/jj656643(v=sc.12).aspx

I do not see any VMMIdentifier entries in the xml file after running the query:

select cast(PhysicalPath as XML) from tbl_IM_ProtectedObject where DataSourceId in (select datasourceid from tbl_IM_DataSource where DataSourceName like '%<VMName>%')

The query:

select * from tbl_SCH_ScheduleDefinition where JobDefinitionID='9B30D213-B836-4B9E-97C2-DB03C3EB39D7'

Returns an empty result. 

After live migrating a vm, it ist still shown in the old location on the DPM server and causes error messages. No entries in the event logs that help. 

Anyone with ideas?

Thanks and best regards,

Markus

• Edited by Markus_R. _ Friday, December 8, 2017 7:15 AM
    Friday, December 8, 2017 7:06 AM