Re-installing Office 2007 Professional RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to re-install office 2007 professional on a PC I just updated from Vista to Win7. I tried to do the re-install of Office 2007 Pro and it is telling me the license number is invalid. The license number I have listed as Office Professional Hybrid 2007. Why will it not accept my license number?
    Friday, July 15, 2011 7:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The term hybrid refers to a 60 or 90 day trial which was installed on the computer by the computer manufacturer.

General users do not have access to a hybrid installer package.

Usually with hybrid, the trial ends and the user purchases a copy online and the license is added and the software is then unlocked.

The chances are, the installer you are using is not the correct installer for your key. To obtain the correct installer, you must call up Microsoft with your reciept and they can assist further.

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
    • Proposed as answer by Martin G. Evans Friday, July 15, 2011 7:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, July 25, 2011 6:22 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is the office installtion disc you are using the one that came with the license key?

Is this issue happening at the license input prompt during setup or post setup?

Martin

Friday, July 15, 2011 7:23 PM
  • The license number I am using was the one installed when the computer was purchased. I am using a different disc that has office 2007 Professional on it. I never received a disc when the computer was purchased. Only a license number for Office 2007 Pro. I am getting an error as soon as I try and load Office 2007 Professional. What does the "Hybrid" stand for that is listed on the license number?

jeff
    Friday, July 15, 2011 7:34 PM
  • Hi,

The term hybrid refers to a 60 or 90 day trial which was installed on the computer by the computer manufacturer.

General users do not have access to a hybrid installer package.

Usually with hybrid, the trial ends and the user purchases a copy online and the license is added and the software is then unlocked.

The chances are, the installer you are using is not the correct installer for your key. To obtain the correct installer, you must call up Microsoft with your reciept and they can assist further.

Martin

• Proposed as answer by Martin G. Evans Friday, July 15, 2011 7:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, July 25, 2011 6:22 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 7:44 PM
  • As there has been no update for a couple of days, I will temporary mark the reply as answer to closed this thread.
    And if you come back to find it doesn't solve your problem, please feel free to reply to us and unmark the answer.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, July 25, 2011 6:22 AM