none
MDT Automatically logs in as admin after creating Reference computer RRS feed

• Question

• I have an MDT task sequence to install Windows 10 and a couple of applications.   I also do some registry edits for optimization.  At the end of the task sequence, I call a cmd file that executes a pause.  I call this done.cmd.  This is to let me know definitively when the task sequence has completed. 

I run this task sequence and create an offline installation media (an iso image).  I use this image to create a DVD and install on a remote machine.  When I create a virtual machine with this iso everything works fine.  It completes installation, I get to the done cmd and it logs out.  I reboot the VM and it goes to the login screen.

When I install this on the physical machine; the task sequence runs, ends with the done cmd and goes to the login screen.  If I reboot the physical machine it automatically logs in to the admin account.

Why?

Sunday, August 11, 2019 2:24 AM

Answers

• You shouldn't need a batch file to know it's done, MDT has something called Final Summary. Check customsettings.ini and try adding SkipFinalSummary=NO

If you're still not getting that completion screen and if the MININT folder still exists, then your deployment hasn't actually completed and something is broken.

Daniel Vega

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:39 PM

All replies

• Maybe, in your answer file autologon is enabled with no password?
    Friday, August 16, 2019 12:29 PM
  • You shouldn't need a batch file to know it's done, MDT has something called Final Summary. Check customsettings.ini and try adding SkipFinalSummary=NO

If you're still not getting that completion screen and if the MININT folder still exists, then your deployment hasn't actually completed and something is broken.

Daniel Vega

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:39 PM