none
Portoflio Analysis - Analysis Primary Cost Constraint and Resource role custom field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying t use the Portfolio Analysis (PWA 2010) without any workflow.

I'm on the page where I can  define properties for my Portfolio Analyss. I'm stuck on two fields on that page. First one is Analysis Primary Cost Constraint and the second one is  Resource role custom field .

My question is, can I create my own custom fields and then choose them from Analysis Primary Cost Constraint? For example, my current options are only: Project health, Proposal Cost, Sample Proposal cost. We are not using any of these and we created our own custom field called Project Cost, but it is not showin as one of the avaiable options. Is there a way to add it there, or these three are the only ones to choose from and they're build in the system?

Same question for Resource role custom field. We can only see Cost Type, RBS, and Team Department.

Thank you

Thursday, December 8, 2011 4:26 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can use your own numeric custom fields. Make sure they are not filtered out due to the use of Departments.
    www.umt.com | www.umtprojectessentials.com
    Friday, December 9, 2011 1:22 AM
  • Just to add on Catalin's reply, the Role custom field can be text, and attached to a lookup table. Just make sure it is not a multi-value field. That means you can only have ONE role per resource.
    Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Friday, December 9, 2011 2:47 AM
  • Hi ,

Can we create a cost custom field with a formula and use it as Primary Cost Constraint ?

Scenario :

Create a CF called " Project Cost" ,use a formula to copy [cost]  value. and use it for Analysis Primary cost constraint ? I dont want PM type cost value as an open entry.

Currently i am not able to do it. A simple numeric CF , cost CF with no formula works but not with formula.

appreciate your reply.

Thank you

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:38 PM
  • You should be able to use formula driven cost field as the analysis primary cost constraint. I have used it that way in the past without any issue.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Friday, March 30, 2012 7:05 PM