Hebrew typing problem in Word 2010 and 2013 in Windows 7 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I am trying in Word (2010 and 2013 32bit installation) to edit a line (inserting a new word for instance in the middle of the line) or start a new line in RTL or LTR Hebrew paragraph I must first type the SPACE char and then to type any other letter. When I try firs to type a regular letter it is not typed.

It happens only if the Word is installed on a Windows 7 professional 64bit version on my HP 8570p laptop. I formatted the laptop and installed the same OS but 32bit, installed the Office 2010 and the Word works perfect in any language. I formatted the Laptop again, re-installed again the 64bit OS, installed the Office 2010 again and same symptom - cant type Hebrew letters if not starting with SPACE. If I try to edit the same paragraph with English letters it works OK. When I start a new line with English letters it works OK. It seem that this symptom happens when the type direction is right-to-left (after ALT-right SHIFT stroke).

This symptom is only in Word. In PowerPoint, in Excel or any other Office application it works fine.

When using Word 365 (not installed localy even I have a local Word 2013 installation) the Hebrew typing is working fine.

I didn't change the default setting options of the Word not after installing the 32bit OS nor the 64bit OS.

I prefer to use the 64bit OS and not the 32bit OS so I do not consider moving to 32bit OS.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:11 AM