Windows 10 - WSUS update appearing twice when downloading RRS feed

• Question

• I approved my windows 10 1809 update via wsus.

WSUS shows my win10 desktops as needing two updates..

Feature update to Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 1809, en-us

Feature update to Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 1809, en-us x64

I noticed that the systems download both files and then the non64 bit version shows as "install failed".

Obviously this install will fail as it is not the correct flavor for the machines.

"(Unable to Find Resource:) ReportingEvent.Client.167; Parameters: Feature update to Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 1809, en-us"

Anyone know why I am seeing both of these files?

I am not sure how to tell if they are both downloading or not, but it appears as though they are.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.
    Although I did not find the relevant technical literature, I checked the contents of this type of file and found the following:

In the x86's feature update package, which contains x64's feature update files:

In the x64's feature update package, only the x64's feature update file is included:

Therefore, if you don't have an x86 system (double size), you probably don't need to approve x86's feature update.
    Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 15, 2019 3:41 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 7:40 AM