Is it can grant an admin right for special application ?(No Runas as Administrator) RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

Background: We have an application which run on users group in server 2000 SP4 is normal.

We want upgrade the OS to Win7 , on the Win7 the application can not launch on normal users group.

I was try the properties of compatibility to server 2000 and choose "Run this program as an administrator" and edit the regedit key permission , both of all is not work on my case.

It is ok right-click the application and runas as administrator, but on the other hand I find runas administrator has some other error with the application.

May I know is it has a method can grant the admin right to special user when running special application ?

Regards All

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What application can not run in Windows 7? I think there is a application compatibility issue, so please attempt to run Program Compability troubleshooter.

Also, you said you got some error while you ran as administrator with runas command. And what are the errors?

RUNAS /user:<Username> Program

Based on my knowledge, we cannot grant the special user with admin right unless you add this special user to Administrators group. When a special user is running a application requiring administrator permission, it will prompt to input administrator username and password.

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, February 17, 2014 1:26 PM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:09 AM